Wednesday, September 2, 2009

It's gone...

The #3 varsity singles spot that I enjoyed for such a short time has slipped out of my reach. -sigh-

So today, I played Hanin again. My score the other day against her was 7-6 (7-3), meaning it was a close game. Coach Lou decided to have me play her to see if someone could win with a larger margin.

And so, after a rather short match, I lost 1-6. I was really mad at myself because A) I wasn't playing like I know I can, B) I was self-destructing, and C) I was just mad. I really think I could have done better.

After I took a walk, Coach Lou had me play Melissa Le, #2 singles on Varsity. I lost to her 2-6, but I was playing better in that set. I was making her run, hitting good serves; the good stuff. She came up to me and was like, "Freakin' _____! I have a headache 'cause you kept making me run! If you can play like that, how did you lose to Hanin?!"

Arlene told me not to worry about it because, since our lineup is so weak this year, it's going to be a lot of moving around. And coach told me that "Winning and losing are part of the game. You win some, you lose some. Don't start crying over part of the game."

Either way, I'm going to challenge Hanin, and Melissa and Priscilla, too-- just to see how well I can do. It's the best way to gauge my strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment