Sunday, September 27, 2009

so, So, SO HAPPY<333333

HOMGHOMGHOMG TODAY TODAY TODAY sdafhsl fhsdjk' hjkch

I

SAW

DBSK

PERFORM

ALTOGETHER!!!! -squeals-

Okay, so it was an old performance, from last month at a-nation. But still... it was aired only yesterday. Cassies all over the world (including me) must be incredibly relieved to see our favorite five guys-- DBSK-- performing together. And their song choice was good, too. I think it reflected what they were thinking.

Stand by U was to let us know that they appreciate the Cassies' support. They performed it so splendidly~

Survivor was to let us know that htey'll definitely last :]

I didn't realize how much I missed them until I saw that post on allkpop.com... AHHH, CHANGMIN <33

They seemed so relaxed and energized at a-nation; it was as if they were already free from SM's constant nagging.

I wished they could have gone to the Asia Song Festival :S 2PM, too. At ASF, the crowd seemed dead. And Big Bang's Daesung wasn't there, either. The atmosphere felt all... weird.

On a side note, if you watched ASF, there was this freaky girl from Ukraine named Ruslana... she just killed the mood with her scary song D: SHe was so SCARY and FREAKY... it wasn't cool. -shudders-

Ahh, the a-nation performance... I can't get over it. WHen I was listening to Stand By U, I wanted to cry because a) I was so relieved that they were so energized, and b) they were singing so well <333 The Survivor performance had me so hyped up. They were living off the stage hype, and that only.

And also today, I learned wh at Vocaloid is. It's a program that allows users to synthesize singing. At first, I thought, "THat's pretty cool, that you can synthesize singing." But then... if you can just pretend you can sing using Vocaloid, then what's the point of singing? And it doesn't even have much emotion in it.

To me, a musician, Vocaloid is a threat. If everyone starts to like Vocaloid, which is computerized, more than actual performers, then what happens to us? Is the world going to be dominated by emotionless songs?

I feel that, no matter how computerized the world gets, music is the one thing that we can't digitize. Sure, we can synthesize instruments and voices, but where's the passion of the music? I listened to a person cover a Vocaloid song, and I think the person was better because I could feel the emotion; I could feel the different levels of energy she put into each note. The Vocaloid, though, was stagnant.

In my opinion, DBSK's live covers win out Vocaloid songs, no matter what. DBSK always tries to put feeling into their songs, regardless of how weary they are. And it shows us that we're all human; that even the best vocalists can become weary.

I think that something is off about a completely digitized song. It's all right if the background music is made using like, AutoTune or something, but if the singer is a computer... that just takes the magic out of the song. Like an orchestra. If there's no person playing the instrument, it just doesn't feel magical at all.

Maybe I'll try covering that Vocaloid song... it's called "Love is War". THe song itself is good, but I don't really like the fact that it's completely computerized.

I don't know. I really want to sing, but like... :S My sister once told me that I sound horrible. Maybe I'll stick to DBSK for a bit and train my voice (their songs are actually a bit hard; they sound easy only because it's DBSK singing them) so it gets a bit better. But maybe it's just my sister; when I went to go karaoke with the tennis girls, they said I had a really good voice. Maybe that was just the mike.

At any rate, I'm going to start singing again :]

By the way, for those who are curious, here's the a-nation link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPx5akKpGhY&feature=player_embedded


No comments:

Post a Comment