Tuesday, August 25, 2009

-gags-

So today, practice was pretty... intense, I guess?

We started hell week, so our running's gotten a bit harder. For instance, we ran two miles-- the Varsity girls called it a Chapman lap-- and today, we ran 5-4-3-2-1 like, six times. -gargles-

The bad thing about this drill is that you're sprinting across condensed laps, while stopping in between. For the 5, you're essentially sprinting across 5 courts. On the 4, you sprint 8. The 3 is worth 9 courts. The 2 is the same as 8 courts, and the one is 6 courts-- except you sprint all the way, at your hardest.

After I do those, I get the urge to chuck (my slang for throw up ;D). And today, I really had to chuck, but no matter how much I gagged, nothing came up. It felt horrible.

I got a new racket... I joined the JV Bandwagon and got a red Dunlop from coach Lou. I'll have to pay for it ($75), but I think I can get it myself. It feels good, and it's nice. :]

Our JV Girls' coach, Richard (I don't call him coach Richard 'cause he's only two years out of high school, and I knew him as a senior), left Grove's JV girls for Santiago >_> He says they're really girly compared to us.

"The Santiago girls, if they haven't seen each other for like, a day, go, 'Oh, my god! I missed you so much!' and start hugging and crap. I mean, you guys do that, too, but not very often. Dude, I see you guys do like, freakin' chest bumps and crap." (Here, Arlene and Christine high-fived.) "You guys are freakin' manly." xD

No comments:

Post a Comment