Monday, August 24, 2009

First Win since Santiago!

YUS. I've got good news, today! <3

Today, I won my first singles match since Santiago! And that was like, a month ago! :D I played Christa, one of the four candidates for #3 Varisty Singles-- the four are Christa, Hanin, Paula, and me. I've beaten Christa and Hanin already, and I'm playing Paula. If I can beat all three, I think I'll be able to take the #3 Varsity spot (YES!~). If I can beat Priscilla (she's going to be either #2 or #1), then I get her spot... If I can beat Melissa (whatever Priscilla isn't), then I get her spot, too. I really want to play on Varsity freshmen year.

Anyway, my score against Christa was 6-3. I was up 5-1, but I lost two games and the score rose to 6-3... I should've won 6-1 :S I got too cocky, I guess.

After practice, Arlene suddenly said, "Sarah, play a singles match with me." o_O;; Well, ookay. So I did. ... -sigh- Arlene = total domination. 1-6.

I probably should have just blocked all her serves and shots. She was killing every ball she got, which meant that, if I had just blocked it all, she would have self-destructed eventually. Her serves were... -shudders- They were so good. I thought Christa's was pretty good (they had me at the baseline whereas, with most serves, I could stand in no-man's land and still return), but Arlene's serves had me like, five feet behind the baseline. I felt like I was playing Tin again. -shudders-

Arlene tried to console me. "Relax. Don't worry about it; I serve better in singles, anyway." No kidding. >_>;;

At least I got a game off of her. When I told him my score, Jonathan was like, "Hey! That's pretty good!" o_o;; He lies. I should have been able to play better.

At the end of the match, two people from tennis, Lindy and Christine, told her she was giving me no mercy (which I actually appreciated... now I know how much I have to improve), but Arlene said, "She's actually playing better singles than I am. I'm just killing every ball I get."

I felt kinda-sorta-not-really better. :S But hey. At the beginning of summer, I would have been BAGELED (0-6). I got a game off of her today. My next goal? Beat her ;D

... I'm listening to my cousin's music... and Doraemon's theme song is on... It's a bit disturbing. xD;; But it's cheery <3>

So my 49 days of veggie-based eating has been put on a one-day hiatus. This morning, my mom made PHO. At tennis, fellow vegetarian Tiffany told me to not eat the pho. But what am I to do?! The Vietnamese in me pines for the pho! If I don't eat it, I'd feel absolutely horrible for the next few days because I didn't eat the pho D:

But then again, I probably gained like, 5 pounds xD My mom put too much in our bowls. My cousin said, "No matter how much I eat, it never seems to disappear!" xD Well said, chi Xiu :]

Speaking of my weight, I'm actually comfortable with it now. Since tennis, I've lost 15 pounds, and it hardly goes over 120 anymore <3>

OH YEAH. The last time it went over 120 was last night. 120.7 xD Then, today, we ran two miles at tennis. Arlene thinks it was 2 1/2 miles; she said she couldn't possibly have taken 28 minutes to run 2 miles. I took around 22 minutes :D I'm getting better at long-distance running. Or maybe it was because I had my MP4 player and was listening to SHINee and a bit of DBSK the entire way..... Yeah, that was probably it xD My MP4 player likes to play SHINee songs o_O;; For some odd reason, it doesn't really like to play DBSK. :S Darns.

No comments:

Post a Comment