Saturday, October 31, 2009

AGHHH. -pulls at face-

Well... our season's over.

Our first round, we killed all the schools except for La Quinta (damn Aztecs... those ASS-tecs...), to whom we lost 8-10. 8-10!!! And I lost a set, too D: If I had won my set, we would have been tied; maybe we would've won...

Anyway, we did pretty badly after that. No, we didn't lose to Los Amigos or Rancho or Santiago, but we were all pretty crappy... I got swept by Los and only won one set at Santiago when I know I can do so much better... but at least I got revenge at Rancho by beating Victoria-- the JV League Singles champion from last year.

After those two was Bolsa. You know, I really enjoy playing Bolsa... not just 'cause they suck (no offense to them) but because they're just so damn funny xDDD I mean, Nadine from Rancho is pretty darn hilarious, but somehow, Bolsa girls are just so.... LOL, you know? xD They're so funny, especially their #1, Nancy. xD She was just goin' insane... Haha.

Next was LQ. We were determined to beat them this time. For them, they risked losing their undefeated #1 title. For us, the #1 title was on the line. We were definitely #2; none of the other schools came close.

So.... we lost to La Quinta... again. This time, I won a set :D I was up 4-0, but I won 7-6 (7-0) >_> Should've been like, 6-0 (a bagel at LQ? What a prize...), but I guess it wasn't meant to be or somethin'. I got killed by Delicious (#1; A.K.A. Ngan) but got three games off of Fabianne, who I previously lost to 0-6! :D I was pretty happy about that.

That marked the end of League.

Yesterday was League Finals. All day I was anxious for it; waiting for it. I knew I was going to play the defending champion Jennifer Hua (A.K.A. my cousin in-law... in-law?) but I was still hoping to get past the first round.

I think, in those three sets, I really played my heart out.

My first set, I was working so hard to get that one set advantage. If I had an entire set over her, she'd be discouranged. I was up 4-0 (again...) and ended up winning the set 6-4. I was so excited to win that first set; it was simply amazing.

On the second set, I was pretty pumped. I was just like, "HECK YEAH. I'm going to win!"

I ended up losing the other two sets 2-6, 1-6. =_=;;

I'm just really happy that I could get a set off of Jennifer again. That feeling was pretty good. The match took about two and a half hours; maybe I was just worn out from that first set or something. But I'm proud of my efforts.

And now, I can look forward to trying to beat LQ next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment