Thursday, October 15, 2009

AGHH. -strangles self-

"Well, today... was not a very okay day."

That's how I started my team talk today. Everyone else seemed to be having an "okay" day; they could hit "okay", and their scores were "okay". Except me.

Today, our score against Los Amigos (haha, the Friends sure are friendly :D) was 15-3.

And guess who the 3 was.

Yep; got that right. Me. I lost all my sets today, which I shouldn't have done. I could have done so much better; I could have won one or two; maybe three sets. But no. I couldn't pull myself together and win my sets.

Well, yeah; I lost my second set 'cause I ran into the pole (hey, it hurt) trying to get a ball. I ended up losing the point, so I got pretty frustrated with myself.

I lost my last, though I knew I should have been able to beat her. Our score should have been 16-2, but it was my fault. I couldn't pull through and keep my head together, even though I know that would be a crucial part of my game now that we're in the second half of League.

Ngan from LQ is a highly-ranked player. She won a tournament in Vietnam before coming back to California to play for LQ. When she introduced herself to me, she tried to Americanize her name or something and it ended up sounding like "ngon". Just to be fun, I teased her and said, "'Ngon' as in 'do an ngon'?" =_=;; I mentioned it during my team talk on Tuesday, and now Coach and the Varsity team calls her "Delicious" xDD;; I felt kind of bad, but... -shrugs- 'Can't fix it now.

Tuesday is Santiago. Hopefully, I'll be able to get my head together and beat Debbie, and Jennifer, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment