Sunday, November 1, 2009

Music Updates! <3

Mm'kays. So I've had a pretty good week when it comes to finding good music.

SHINee released their awesome single, "Ring Ding Dong" from their new mini album "2009, Year of Us"... and I'm TOTALLY digging it. Of course, this was like, two, three weeks ago, so they've been going around and winning bunches of Mutizens and stuff for their awesome single... they're beating out veterans like SS501, whom some seem to acknowledge as DBSK's rival (which is a pretty bad comparison; I say Big Bang is their rival).

Last night, Younha (singer of Houki Boshi, a Bleach anime ending that I really loved) released a music video for her new Japanese single, "Sukinanda". I like it. It's a really nice song; maybe I'll learn it and sing it for Banquet (along with the other hundred things I plan to do for it xD). It's a sweet song...

A few days ago, I saw "Vanilla Love", a song featuring SHINee's Onew, with subs on the SHINeeSubs youtube channel. I saw it... and felt like I was going to shrivel up and die. Not because the song was so sweet, but because I was rejected almost two weeks ago and it's still an open wound. The song was like rubbing salt into it... I loved the song, but it was just killing me at the same time.

Also! Last night, I watched the Star Secret Documentary for DBSK. It talked about their rise to popularity in Korea, then their foray into Asia. And hell, when they were talking about their Japanese exploits, I wanted to cry... They started out as absolutely no one when they were a household name in Korea, but now they've climbed the ladder and are number one in both Japan and Korea! Of course, their title in Korea is starting to slip 'cause they've been gone for so long, but they'll get it back ;D Cassiopoeia is too damn awesome to let them go down.

In addition to that, I saw them perform a song from their live concert final in the Tokyo Dome, their dream. And it wasn't just any song-- it was their double encore, "Love in the Ice"-- arguably one of their best songs ever. It was so touching; it made me want to cry... I wanted to crank up the volume and watch it full screen, but that's w hy I want to buy the DVD. THen I could see them perform it any time I want <3>

Also! I saw an interesting article on allkpop.com that said, "Where the PHO is Xiah Junsu?" Being a Cassiopoeia, I clicked on the article 'cause I was curious. It's funny because apparently, Junsu, who isn't acting in a drama or participating in promoting a single while pending for the lawsuit to finish,opened up a pho restaurant in Korea. xD I'd heard that Koreans love pho, but I didn't know that they loved it that much... and apparently, it's doing well, too! Maybe he's fundraising for DBSK's termination of their 13-year contract? Gearing up to quit SME and move on to like, JYP or YG? o_O JOIN JYP! :D

Speaking of JYPE, I was considering auditioning for them this year... that is, until I realized that their audition date for LA was yesterday. =_=;; Smooth. But like... I kind of want to see what they think of my singing. I want to know if I'm good or if I suck.

You see, I get two different kinds of opinions: from passerby and people around me, I get, "HOMG. I love your voice. You should be in chorus.", but from my sister, I get, "Your voice sucks. It sounds like you're trying too hard." I honestly don't know which one I should trust... :S

Maybe I should do that YouTube chorus thing :O Since season's over, I should have a lot more time. Or at least do like, covers of songs... o_O;; Maybe I'll do Vocaloid songs xDDD First one: Love is War! :D Lol... I'll see...

Well, the thing is, I'm not into the idea of a program singing for you, but like, I do think that it's cool to try to sing those songs. Love is War is a freaking awesome song when performed by a real person (I'd love to hear DBSK sing it... -shivers-)

Anyway, I'll go listen to the song... Maybe I'll figure it out x]

No comments:

Post a Comment