Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Great day, great day <3

Mmkay. Well, I don't know about you all, but I had a great day today. It was absolutely great. I would use a better, more eloquent word, but honestly, I can't think of one right now because I'm so happy. I really am. <3

So today, I saw two people that I really, really miss: my best friend Kata-chan and my friend-turned-crush-turned-almost-boyfriend (who, for the sake of identity protection, we'll call Irvine). We, as a group of three, went to the moviess to watch "Sherlock Holmes" (which, by the way, was a pretty darn good movie. I liked it :3).

When I got out of the car, I saw Kata-chan and we did a weird slo-mo running scene across the grass (typical us, I know) that ended with a wonderful embrace. xD We then found Irvine and, as a group of three, walked to the nearby Cold Stones. Kata-chan talked mostly, blabbering about God-knows-what (but I love her anyway ;D). In Cold Stones, she wailed about how surprised she was that I got "a boyfriend" (when honestly, we're not official yet xD;;) and how she, as a "paternal" figure, progressed through the stages of acceptance. She constantly joked about making Irvine pay for us, and was completely stupefied when he actually did. We talked as we ate (well, mostly Kata-chan) and joked and told stories.

On our way back to Regal's (the cinema), I was surprised when Irvine slipped his hand into mine. I smiled, drawing just a bit closer to him than I had been before and lingering closer to his side. Inside the theater, we realized we had time to burn and went to one of those Foto Fun (God knows why they decided to spell "photo" wrong...) booths. We noticed that there was only enough space to comfortably seat two. Immediately, Kata-chan took charge.

"Okay. Sarah, you sit on Irvine's lap. I'll sit over here," she said, sitting off to the side as we arranged ourselves.

"What?!" I cried, almost not believing my ears.

Eventually, though, we settled as the money I put in activated the picture-taking sequence. As planned, I sat on his lap and suddenly felt his arms around my waist. Without needing to be prompted by the screen, I grinned. While we waited for the pictures to come out, I lifted my weight off of him-- just slightly.

"Sorry," I murmured. "I must be killing your legs."

He grinned at me. "No," he said simply.

I took that to mean I could reassume that position and settled comfortably on his lap, feeling my heart race.

"Comfortable?" I asked.

He nodded. "Are you?"

I grinned again. "Yeah," I murmured and kissed his cheek. (Trust me. I'm spazzing right now, too @_@) (And lol honestly, I can't remember who said who up there. My memory got hazy 'cause of the kiss on his cheek @_@)

Kata-chan managed to get the photo strips out, so we headed on over to the theater. After she left to get popcorn, she sat down and saw us sitting. She pushed me in his direction and we linked hands on the arm rest-- my left hand with his right.

And so we watched the movie-- just like that. Occasionally (I forget how many times; I wasn't quite paying attention) he'd kiss my cheek, or I'd kiss his. At one point, I could only stare at him (politely, I hope). He noticed and grinned at me.

"Are you even watching the movie?" he murmured.

I chuckled. "Some of it," I replied quietly.

At some of the scarier parts, I latched my other arm around his as well and sat there, clutching his arms. I'd lean my head on his shoulder and feel him leaning-- just barely-- on my head.

I remember at one point, I looked over at Kata-chan and nearly laughed out loud. She was sitting on the chair, her legs drawn to her chest, clutching onto the bag of popcorn like it was her dear life. She was simply in awe of the entire movie. I need to get her the DVD. xD It was hilarious.

After the movie, Kata-chan had to go home, so Irvine and I were free to roam. We ended up walking around aimlessly, his hand in mine. I liked that feeling; holding his hand, I mean.

We ended up walking to my friend's donut shop, conveniently located nearby, to wait for my sister (who picked me up). When we approached it, though, he dropped his hand from mine, which I felt a bit sad about. We hung out in D.K.'s Donuts for a bit before my sister and I decided to go home.

As we walked out, my sister wrapped her arm around Irvine and said goodbye. I hugged him, too, but instead of only one arm arouound the shoulder (the way he did for Arlene), he slung both arms around my shoulders and murmured a goodbye.

Annd thus ends my beautiful day. <3

1 comment: